To our dental family,
We hope you and your loved ones are healthy during this unprecedented time. Dr. Catanzano, Terri, Sindy, Dee, and Mandy have been working hard at evolving and making our office safe for ourselves and our patients. Your experience will be different than before, and we feel it will be for the best, now and in the future.
COVID-19 patient screening and temperature
- All of our team members will have their temperature taken before working every day. Every patient that enters our practice is screened for symptoms and elevated temperature before they even enter the clinical area. If they are a risk, they are asked to leave and the area is disinfected. Also, please wear a mask when you visit our office. If you do not have one, we can provide you with one.
Changes in the reception area and Limiting number of patients we see and respecting the 6 foot rule
- We have limited the seating in the reception area and are only allowing the patient (and required caretaker) scheduled to enter the office, to accommodate physical distancing recommendations.
- No magazine or books in our reception area anymore – please bring your own reading material or your mobile phone. We also have removed some chairs and moved other chairs.
- Our office may seem empty – we will be seeing fewer patients at a time, with much more time in between appointments, and trying to minimize visits for treatment.
- We take handwashing very seriously. We ask that ALL patients wash or disinfect their hands before entering the clinical area. We have hand sanitizer, and a new hands free soap dispenser in the bathroom.
Hourly disinfection of doorknobs and commonly touched surfaces
- Our team wipes down everything that has been in contact with a patient and hourly goes through the office disinfecting door handles and other commonly touched surfaces
Hydrogen Peroxide pre-rinse
- A pre-rinse of 1.5% Hydrogen Peroxide helps to reduce viral load in your mouth before any treatment.
Personal Protective Equipment
- For each patient, we have the latest in surgical masks, face shields eye protection, and gowns.
- We are using the 3M™ Versaflo™ TR-300+ PAPR to protect our patients.
Hypochlorous Acid (HOCL) Fogging
National and international reference laboratories have proven that HOCl works very well against viruses, including norovirus and human coronaviruses. One study is of particular interest: in 2016, researchers at the University of Washington School of Public Health found that HOCl was more than 99.999 percent effective in eliminating coronavirus OC43, which is similar to COVID-19.
HEPA UV-C Light FILTRATION
- We have added UV-C light HEPA filtration units to the office to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 in air. These systems help purify the air and limit the potential spread of disease.
Latest Advances in Disinfection and Sterilization of instruments
- We have always insured our patient’s safety by only using FDA and CDC approved disinfectants to clean all rooms and worksurfaces. All instruments are heat sterilized to ensure your safety.
Upgraded our credit card machine and software to minimize contact.
- A credit card extension terminal means we don’t touch your card.
Sneeze guards to protect against aerosol
- We have incorporated sneeze guard to act as a barrier to prevent the spread of airborne aerosol.
Our patient’s and our team’s safety are our number one concern. We will get through this together! Thank you for choosing us!
Dr. Joseph Catanzano, Terri, Sindy, Dee, & Mandy
Also, please note Hakim gotten married has moved to Tennessee, and we wish her and her family the best. We will be joined with Diane, who will be a wonderful addition to our team. She looks forward to meeting you.